Is there a charge for the water meter?

The City of Newburgh is standardized on Sensus meters and the corresponding charge for a meter is based upon the size of the meter.  New installations or damaged meters are installed by a plumber licensed by the City of Newburgh at the property owner’s expense. Owners are responsible for maintaining their individual water meters.

Show All Answers

1. If I have a leak on the service line feeding my building, what do I do?
2. Who's responsible for the safe keeping and maintenance of the water meter?
3. How does the City read my water meter?
4. Is there a charge for the water meter?
5. If I have a question about my water bill, who do I call?
6. If I am experiencing a problem with water in my building (rusty water, low pressure, no water, etc.), who do I call?
7. If I'm selling my house, do I need a closing reading?
8. If I'm buying a house in the City, what should I do? Do I need a closing reading?
9. What does the City do if they can't get a reading at my building?
10. What are estimated and minimum bills?
11. Where or how do I make payment for my water bill? What form of payment do they take?