What does the City do if they can't get a reading at my building?

The Water Department strives to obtain accurate meter readings for all our accounts. However, if we were unsuccessful in obtaining a reading at your location, we will notify you right on your next bill. We ask that you contact the office within 10 days, so that we can schedule an appointment to read your meter and determine the reason why we were unable to obtain a reading. If we are not contacted and unable to read your meter, we will estimate your bill, and your service may be terminated.

Show All Answers

1. If I have a leak on the service line feeding my building, what do I do?
2. Who's responsible for the safe keeping and maintenance of the water meter?
3. How does the City read my water meter?
4. Is there a charge for the water meter?
5. If I have a question about my water bill, who do I call?
6. If I am experiencing a problem with water in my building (rusty water, low pressure, no water, etc.), who do I call?
7. If I'm selling my house, do I need a closing reading?
8. If I'm buying a house in the City, what should I do? Do I need a closing reading?
9. What does the City do if they can't get a reading at my building?
10. What are estimated and minimum bills?
11. Where or how do I make payment for my water bill? What form of payment do they take?