The New York State COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program was created to provide flexible grant assistance to currently viable small businesses, micro-businesses and for-profit independent arts and cultural organizations in New York State who have experienced economic hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will last until the funding is exhausted.
The program reimburses New York small businesses with grants of up to $50,000 for COVID-related expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and April 1, 2021. Priority will be given to socially and economically disadvantaged business owners, including minority- and women-owned business enterprises, service-disabled veteran-owned businesses and veteran-owned businesses, and businesses located in economically distressed communities.
Grants will be calculated based on a New York State business' annual gross receipts for 2019. Reimbursable COVID-19 related expenses must have been incurred between March 1, 2020 and April 1, 2021 and can include:
- Payroll costs
- Commercial rent or mortgage payments for NYS-based property
- Payment of local property or school taxes
- Insurance costs
- Utility costs
- Costs of personal protection equipment necessary to protect worker and consumer health and safety
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning cost
- Other machinery or equipment costs
- Supplies and materials necessary for compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols
Prospective applicants are encouraged to review the Program and Application Guide before applying. To apply visit: https://nyrecovery.mylendistry.com/#/grant
For more information regarding the New York State COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program and to get assistance in applying, please see www.nysmallbusinessrecovery.com.