Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh will begin accepting applications for the Homeowner Repair Assistance Program on June 20, 2022 until July 1, 2022!
The program is funded in part through the City of Newburgh Community Development Block Grant program and will facilitate roof repairs/replacements of low/moderate-income owner-occupied homes in the City of Newburgh.
The program allows up to $12,500 to be used for roof repair/replacement projects and will be administered in the same manner as Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh’s Homeownership Program. Each homeowner will be required to provide income statements and will assume responsibility for any costs beyond $12,500.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Applicant must be the homeowner residing in the house that is no more than 2.5 stories high
- House must be the primary place of residence
- Lived in Habitat Newburgh’s service area for at least 1 year
- Meet household income guidelines [up to 80% of the area median income]
- Willing to agree to the Work & Payment Agreement
- Be committed to living in repaired home for three years
To learn more, please call 845-568-6035 (extension 104) or visit the Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh’s website or the office located at 125 Washington Street, Newburgh, NY 12550.
Download the Habitat for Humanity Roof Repair Program Flyer in English (PDF)
Download the Habitat for Humanity Roof Repair Program Flyer in Spanish (PDF)