Small Business Grant Program
Application Packets must be delivered no later than 4pm, Friday July 28, 2023 to:
City of Newburgh, Office of Planning and Development
Mail to: 83 Broadway Newburgh, NY 12550
Drop In-Person at: 123 Grand Street, Newburgh, NY 12550
The City of Newburgh supports small businesses as the backbone of the community and has allocated up to $200,000 of its federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) award to support Small Businesses effected by COVID-19. This program is intended to respond to the negative economic impacts of the COVID-19 public health emergency by focusing on the needs of for-profit small businesses within City limits. Grant awards of up to $10,000 will help businesses keep their doors open, protect local jobs, support community recovery, and increase resiliency.
Eligible businesses may apply for cash assistance to help mitigate the impacts of revenue reductions associated with the pandemic. The City of Newburgh expects to award approximately 20 businesses a one-time cash grant.
These funds are available to City of Newburgh business that meet the following:
- Be a for-profit business based within City of Newburgh limits;
- Have 50 or fewer employees;
- Be registered to do business in the State of New York;
- Be independently owned and operated and not be dominant in its field of operation;
- Have been operating in the City of Newburgh prior to March 15, 2020;
- Not be facing any pending litigation or legal action; Not have any business owners, including all managing members and/or officers, who have been convicted of financial crimes within the past three years;
- Not have received alternate federal, state, or local grant funding to cover the same costs and/or uses included in the application;
- Not be suspended or debarred from the use of federal funds;
- Not be a franchise, unless the franchise is not a subsidiary of a larger corporation
For more information please contact the Planning and Development office at (845) 569-9400.