2023 Meeting Calendar
- January 2023 - No meeting
- February 28, 2023 - Mullins Community Center
- March 28, 2023 - Fogarty
- April 25, 2023 - Mullins Community Center
- May 23, 2023 - Fogarty
- June 27, 2023 - Mullins Community Center
- July 25, 2023 - Fogarty
- August 2023 - No meeting
- September 26, 2023 - Mullins Community Center
- October 24, 2023 - Fogarty
- November 2023 - No meeting
- December 19, 2023 - Mullins Community Center
Valarie E. Larry
The Newburgh Housing Authority (NHA) provides quality affordable and safe housing, as it strives to move our community forward and help families move from dependency to self-sufficiency. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds two programs with the NHA that may help families rent an apartment or home.
Public Housing provides apartments for low-income people, operated by the Newburgh Housing Authority. The government provides funds directly to NHA, and we lower the rents charged by low-income tenants. NHA owns and operates two developments in Newburgh: the Mullins Apartments and the Fogarty Apartments (for seniors). To be eligible, you can earn no more than the income limit established by HUD.
- Waitlist for families is closed effective January 31, 2020.
- Waitlist for seniors will remain open until further notice.
Housing Choice Vouchers
Housing Choice Vouchers (formerly called "Section 8") let a family find their own place to rent, using the voucher to pay for all or part of the rent. To be eligible, the household can earn no more than the income limit established by HUD, and the rent must be within established Fair Market Rents levels established by HUD. The unit must also pass an inspection, and the landlord must agree to participate. Due to an extensive list, NHA is not accepting any new applications until further notice.