The City of Newburgh is located 60 miles north of New York City on the western side of the Hudson River in Orange County, New York. It is a small, densely settled community of 3.8 square miles bounded by the Town of Newburgh on the west and north, the Hudson River on the east and Town of New Windsor on the south. The city and its immediate suburbs have a population of more than 100,000 persons.
The City offers links to the regional transportation system, including Interstate I-84 and the New York State Thruway (I-87), navigable Hudson River access, and proximity to Stewart International Airport; scenic beauty; a rich cultural and architectural history, and organizations willing to invest time and capital to stimulate redevelopment.
About the Community
- City Area: 3.8 square miles
- 47.9% Hispanic/Latino
- 30.2% Black/African-American
- 39.4% Non-Hispanic White
- 5.2 % Persons reporting 2 or more races
- Median Household Income: $36,153
- Longitude: 74 degrees 00 minutes
- Latitude: 41 degrees 30 minutes
- Elevation: Sea level to 360 feet
Source: 2010 Census