Newburgh Film Office
Welcome to the City of Newburgh Film Office! #FilmNewburgh
The City of Newburgh Film Office is thriving and ready to help your production succeed while taking advantage of all the amazing incentives our city has to offer. Take a look at why you should choose the City of Newburgh for your next film project:
Please contact Ellen Fillo, City of Newburgh Film Office, (845) 569-9400 or email@example.com prior to submitting your film permit application if you have questions regarding your film project or film permit.
City of Newburgh Location
Located in New York State's beautiful Hudson Valley, the City of Newburgh sits at the crossroads of the New York State Thruway (I-87) and I-84 on the Hudson River. Located only an hour north of New York City, the City of Newburgh is convenient to New York City Area Airports and the Metro-North Railroad, with direct service to mid-town Manhattan (from Beacon Station).
The City of Newburgh is also close to three other great cities:
- 1.5 hours south of Albany
- 3 hours north of Philadelphia.
- 3 hours west of Boston
City of Newburgh New York State Film Tax Credits
New York State offers one of the best film, television, and commercial incentive programs in the nation, including tax credits and sales tax exemptions. For the City of Newburgh:
- Production: 30% plus 10% on qualified labor (direct hires)
- Post Production: 30% plus 10% on qualified labor (direct hires)
- Lodging: Several of our local hotel chains offer film discounts to production filming in the City of Newburgh and we also have a wide variety of stately homes available to rent for more of a private housing situation for cast and/or crew.
- Transportation: Located 60 miles north of NYC, there are a variety of ways to get to Newburgh by car, and we also have a direct Metro-North train line from Grand Central Terminal (NYC) that lands at Beacon Station, located only five minutes from the City of Newburgh.
- Workforce: The City of Newburgh has an incredible local crew base of both union and non-union workers, as well as an impressive roster of talent for staffing both your below the line and above the line needs!
The City of Newburgh Film Locations
The City of Newburgh is referred to as a living architectural museum, with the largest historic district in New York State.
Unique Neighborhoods, Buildings & Attractions for your Location:
Grand & Montgomery Streets
Drive or walk along Grand and Montgomery Streets to see some of the City of Newburgh's most impressive Victorian architecture, including the landmark 1835 former Dutch Reformed Church and dozens upon dozens of great old houses.
A North-South Street runs from the far southern border of the City of Newburgh to the northern border with the Town of Newburgh. Known for its small shops and restaurants which line Liberty Street near Broadway.
The City of Newburgh's surprising gems includes Downing Park, an urban oasis designed by Olmsted and Vaux, with meandering paths, pond, a bandshell, pergola, and the Shelter House Café. Many productions have used Downing Park as a stand-in for Central Park.
The City of Newburgh Waterfront is home to several restaurants, small businesses and the dock of the Newburgh-Beacon Ferry.
In addition to the house Washington occupied in the last 18 months of the Revolutionary War, the nation's first state historic site includes an excellent museum, the 1887 "Tower of Victory", and a gently sloping park with lovely views of the Hudson. Located on Liberty Street, Washington's Headquarters recently unveiled "Unpacked and Rediscovered", a compilation of artifacts collected since 1850.
View from "The Heights"
"The Heights," located in the south end of the City of Newburgh, is home to historic houses and a stunning view downriver toward Bannerman's Island and the Hudson Highlands.
Copying "NYC" - on location in Newburgh
Several productions have been able to cheat the look and feel of New York City in several of Newburgh's more urban areas. This has allowed projects to stretch their production dollars while maintaining the integrity of the New York City setting. The City of Newburgh has access to picture cars, including NYPD Police Cruisers and NYC Taxi Cabs that help sell the look.
Umbra of Newburgh, a 60,000 square foot production facility that houses two New York State qualified sound stages (a 16,000 square foot stage and a 20,000 square foot stage) is located in the City of Newburgh. Features of the stages:
- 1,500 square foot cyclorama for infinite white and blue/green screen captures
- 5,000 or more square feet of production office space and conference rooms
- 6,000 square feet of scenic construction space
- Ample free parking
- In-House vendors, including camera, catering, editing suites, and supply vendors allow for a turnkey solution to all your production needs.
- Wardrobe rooms, green rooms, make-up areas, dressing rooms, several bathrooms (including showers)