Real Property Taxes
2023 Tax Rates
(per $1,000 assessed value)
- City Homestead - 12.980359
- Non-Homestead - 21.475381
- County - 2.7340
It is the responsibility of the taxpayer to contact the Collector's Office if you have not received a tax bill, water and sewer bill, sanitation, or dumpster bill. Pursuant to Real Property Tax Law 922, failure to receive a tax bill shall not relieve the taxpayer of the requirement to pay the tax bill or any resulting interest. Parcels with unpaid taxes will be filed on a list of delinquent taxes on November 1.
Taxes may be paid in full by February 3, 2023, or in installments as follows:
- 1st Installment due on or before February 3, 2023 (add 5% penalty February 4, 2023, add interest charge April 1, 2023)
- 2nd Installment due on or before April 5, 2023 (add 5% penalty April 6, 2023, add interest charge May 30, 2023)
- 3rd Installment due on or before June 6, 2023 (add 5% penalty June 7, 2023, add interest charge July 31, 2023)
- 4th Installment due on or before August 4, 2023 (add 5% penalty August 5, 2023, add interest charge September 29, 2023)
Form of payments Accepted:
Cash, Money Orders, Checks, and Credit Cards.
Please make checks payable to: "City of Newburgh"
Credit & Debit Card Payments Now Accepted
The City of Newburgh is accepting credit cards/debit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Discover) for property taxes. A fee of 2.65% of the total bill amount plus $0.25 per transaction will be charged. Credit/debit payments can be made either in person at the Collector's office Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or online.
NOTE: You MUST enter your Section Block and Lot (SBL) in order to pay your bill online. Your SBL can be found on your tax bill, or can be searched by address using Building Blocks Webpage