Real Property Taxes
Notice-Credit & Debit Card Payments Now Accepted
The City of Newburgh is accepting credit cards/debit cards (VISA, Mastercard, Discover) for property taxes. A fee of 2.65% of the total bill amount plus $0.25 per transaction will be charged. Credit/debit payments can be made either in person at the Tax Collector's office Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4 pm, or online.
2022 Tax Rates
(per $1,000 assessed value)
- City Homestead - 15.065673
- Non-Homestead - 22.032673
- County - 3.429100
Taxes may be paid in full by February 4, 2022, or in installments as follows:
- 1st Installment due on or before February 4, 2022 (add 5% penalty February 5, 2022, add interest charge April 1, 2022)
- 2nd Installment due on or before April 5, 2022(add 5% penalty April 6, 2022, add interest charge May 30, 2022)
- 3rd Installment due on or before June 6, 2022 (add 5% penalty June 7, 2022, add interest charge July 30, 2022)
- 4th Installment due on or before August 5, 2022 (add 5% penalty August 6, 2022, add interest charge October 1, 2022)
It is the responsibility of the taxpayer to contact the Tax Collector's Office if you have not received a tax bill, water and sewer bill, sanitation, or dumpster bill. Pursuant to Real Property Tax Law 922, failure to receive a tax bill shall not relieve the taxpayer of the requirement to pay the tax bill or any resulting interest. Parcels with unpaid taxes will be filed on a list of delinquent taxes on November 1.
Form of payments accepted: Cash, Money Orders, Checks, and Credit Cards.
Delinquent School taxes are collected as of April 1. To get the exact amount of your current taxes, contact Newburgh Enlarged School District at 845-563-3490